Registration is not required, but will be used to send reminders and updates. Please include an email address.
What is a "Fixit Clinic"? It's an opportunity for neighbors to help neighbors and teach skills for living all while keeping items out of the landfills and pushing against throwaway culture.
Volunteers will be on hand to help with:
- Bike tune up and maintenance
- Blade and knife sharpening
- Computers and mobile devices
- Electronics and small appliances
- Mending and stuffed animals
- Watches and clocks
- Yarn detangling
- Sock Darning
- Shoe Polishing
PLUS there will be a Kids' Take-It-Apart Table (all ages) for curious minds and future fixers to try out tools and see what's inside some everyday items.
Before heading to a Fixit station, check-in at the Welcome Table to sign the Liability Waiver and provide information about the item(s) you've brought. We will have limited parts for repairs available. If you know the part your item needs, please bring it with you.
Fixit Clinic Rules
- Check-in at the Welcome Table to sign the liability waiver and get instructions on where to go.
- There is a limit of two items for repair per visitor. *More items may be considered as space and time allows.
- A fixit clinic is not a drop-off service. Remain with your item(s) at all times.
- Repair coaches are not liable for damages or unrepaired items brought in. This is a free, community-focused service, not a for-profit event.
- When you are with your repair coach, you can choose to: a) watch as the repair is attempted, b) work with the repair coach or c) attempt the repair yourself under the guidance of a repair coach.
Fixit Clinic Liability Statement
Visitors to the Kate Waller Barrett Branch, Alexandria Library, offer broken items for repair at your own risk; volunteers performing repairs make no guarantees and are not liable for condition of broken items. Volunteer Fixit Coaches reserve the right to refuse repairs on any items deemed unsafe, unrepairable or for any other reason. Repairs are attempted at the volunteer’s discretion.
Interested in getting involved? Contact email@example.com
Fixit Clinic celebrates repair through all-ages do-it-together hands-on fix-n-learn community-based discovery and disassembly. People bring broken, non-functioning things -- electronics, appliances, computers, toys, bicycles, sewing machines, fabric items, etc.-- for assessment, disassembly, and -- hopefully -- repair. www.fixitclinic.org