While the Library has returned to normal operating status, some events may remain virtual. Below is a collection of virtual events and activities.
Our newest video:
Check out all of our playlists:
Art, Crafts & Games
Cooking & Baking
Baby and Toddler Time
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Recorded Virtual Programs
• Checkout an eBook or eAudiobook from Overdrive/Libby. Just getting started? Use the eBook Guide.
• Read a magazine using Overdrive, a free service that offers full digital copies of your favorite magazines to view on a computer or mobile device.
• Search databases for articles and information for you or your students.
• Use Heritage Quest from home to work on that genealogy project you've been putting off.
• Expand your music collection by downloading music from Freegal. You can also stream up to 3 hours of music each day.
• Ask a librarian a question via email or request a Book Match if you need some suggestions on what to read.
• Learn a new language with Mango or Rocket Languages.
• Take an online class to learn something new!
• You can build your resume and get career help with Peterson's Career Prep.
• Grow your Google skills with Grow with Google classes online.
• Use the Gardening and Horticulture database to get information for planting your garden.
• Cook up some new recipes from the AtoZ World Food database.
• Kids need something to do? Check out this list of free, online resources curated by our Youth Services Librarians.
• Download the Library's mobile app to stay up-to-date with us.
• Have questions about any of the digital services? Email the Digital Services Librarian.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay current with news from our libraries and find events and classes at your local branch.
READ PAST ISSUES
About UsI Am Alexandria LibraryPoliciesLibrary Updates
DonateFriends of the LibraryAlexandria Library FoundationVolunteer Opportunities
Contact UsLocations Employment