Presented by Kasha Helget, a master naturalist and past Board member of the Arlington Regional Master Naturalists (ARMN).
*Please note this presentation is virtual and you must register to get the zoom link.
The talk addresses the following topics:
· the most common mosquitoes in VA, their lifecycles, and when/where they're most active
· the most effective way to reduce mosquito populations in your yard and community without using chemicals
· the best ways to protect yourself against mosquito bites wherever you are
· how to protect pollinators and other beneficial critters from harm while dealing with unwanted mosquitoes.
· key identification information for the most common ticks in VA and their lifecycles
Photos courtesy Susan Ellis, Bugwood.org
· how they spread disease
· the safest ways to avoid and repel them without spraying yard with chemicals
· what to do if you find a tick on persons and pets
Kasha Helget collaborated with Kirsten Conrad, the Arlington Virginia Cooperative Extension Agent, and entomologists from Virginia Tech to develop the presentation, and teams with Conrad and members of ARMN and the Master Gardeners of Northern Virginia to reach out to communities about pesticide reduction to protect pollinators.
AGE GROUP: | Seniors | Adults |
EVENT TYPE: | Special Event | Gardening |
TAGS: | Sustainability | Nature | gardening | Environment | Adults |
|Mon, Mar 27||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Tue, Mar 28||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Wed, Mar 29||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Thu, Mar 30||9:00AM to 8:00PM|
|Fri, Mar 31||9:00AM to 5:00PM|
|Sat, Apr 01||9:00AM to 5:00PM|
|Sun, Apr 02||9:00AM to 5:00PM|