RULES & GUIDELINES
1) All students entering 7th, 8th and 9th grade, as of September 2019 are eligible for the contest.
2) All work submitted must be original work.
3) One entry per student is permitted (one essay or one poem).
4) Work will be judged based on the following:
Essay will be judged on: originality and creativity, persuasiveness, clarity, coherence and organization, grammar and spelling.
Poetry will be judged on: originality and creativity, relevance to contest topic, clarity and coherence, spelling.
5) Submit one copy of your work online using the form below by September 7, 2019, at 5 p.m.
6) Essay/poem must be accompanied with a completed cover sheet.
7) The winners will be notified by October; prizes will be awarded during the Awards Ceremony on Sunday, October 20th at Beatley Central Library.
8) Essays/poems will not be returned.