Beatley Central Library - 10 Hours a Week (no benefits)
The Alexandria Library is looking for a dynamic team player to join the team at the Alexandria Library. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and the desire to contribute to a busy, public library.
- Shelving library materials;
- Sorting book carts;
- Checking shelf order;
- Shifting books in order to maintain neat and appealing shelves;
- Clearing book drops;
- Assisting other staff as requested;
- Assisting patrons with locating information and materials;
- Dusting, organizing and clean up as necessary and
- Additional duties as assigned which may include Circulation Desk functions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, count and communicate well with others in English;
- Good alphabetic and numeric skills;
- Be responsible and reliable;
- Be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to work harmoniously with both the public and co-workers;
- Ability to work independently on feet standing or walking for periods up to an hour; and
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and stretch in order to manage materials.
High School Diploma or GED is required; some college education is preferred. You must be able to physically lift and carry materials either loose or in bags/boxes weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to push fully loaded book carts. A knowledge of, or willingness to learn, library practices (including the use of computers and other technologies) is necessary. Previous library experience is helpful.
Compensation: $15.15 per hour
Location: Charles E. Beatley, Jr. Central Library – 5005 Duke Street
Schedule: 10 hours per week. Hours are scheduled to meet the needs of the branch. The Page position may include evening hours as well as, Saturday and Sunday hours.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Click here to apply attaching one document containing a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references, preferably supervisory. Address Cover Letter to Ross Farley, HR Manager, Alexandria Library, 5005 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22304. Contact with questions: 703-746-1701, or email@example.com.
This position is open until filled.